With the holidays quickly approaching, it’s likely your home will see an influx of guests over the next two months, which can put a strain on your plumbing system. Take a few minutes this week to prepare your home before the hustle and bustle of the holidays begin.
If you’re traveling for the holidays
- If you will be leaving your home for an extended period of time, consider turning off your water to avoid pipe problems, such as freezing.
- Wrap pipes to prevent freezing.
- Turn down your water heater to save energy while you’re gone.
If you’re entertaining for the holidays
- Check your plumbing fixtures for leaks. This includes all sinks, toilets, tubs, washing machines and other plumbing fixtures.
- Check for slow-draining sewers (the natural sign of a clog or problem).
- Keep in mind what you shouldn’t pour down the drain – such as grease, food, household chemicals, etc.
If you have a problem
The last thing a homeowner needs over a holiday is a problem with plumbing – which is likely a clogged sewer or leaking pipe. Be prepared by keeping the numbers for your service line warranty provider on hand, as well as a local plumber you know that has 24-hour and holiday service hours.
Check out what a Hamilton homeowners thinks about the program
The entire experience was excellent. From calling your company. Then on the phone with the plumbers. And even the guys that came to the door. Great customer service. Friendly. Professional. And I have already recommended this service. – Homeowner, Hamilton, ON
The contractor was the best, he went above and beyond. He went out of his way to work with our schedule to make sure everything was done right, the cleanup was way more than I ever expected. – Homeowner, Hamilton, ON
My husband and I are so thrilled with your service and with the coverage you provide … I have already been advising family and friends to sign up with you … many have already. Thank you.- Homeowner, Hamilton, ON
Check availability in your area here.